Circular Economy Action policies④
Improving resource efficiency through active adoption of information and communications technology
Ensuring circulation traceability through information and communications technology
→ Introducing a 100% waste measurement system
Ensuring effective use of resources through traceability
Securing traceability related to the proper disposal of construction waste is of the utmost importance not only to demonstrate responsibility for proper treatment and recycling of waste, but also for promoting recycling business models such as streamlined construction.
Recognizing this, we have been proactive in introducing information and communications technology, starting with the trial of a waste measurement system using IC tags in 2007.
Moreover, in 2017 we updated our proprietary Electronic Processing System for waste collection into a cloud-based system in order to respond flexibly to requests for enhancement of electronic system functions for waste management. We now operate a waste measurement system that utilizes current QR codes. This is an innovative system that accurately monitors the situation at the time of disposal, aggregates and analyzes data from each building, and monitors the total disposal amount and the disposal amount by type of waste in real time.
By feeding back the detailed data analyzed in this way for product development, material design, production processes, and construction processes and the like, it is possible to promote the more effective use of resources.
In 2019, the utilization rate of this system was 100% on a business facility basis.
Waste measurement system incorporating QR codes
- Timely processing is assured because the waste measurement system is accessed through the cloud in conjunction with the residence information database, which arranges and reduces parts and specifications and centralizes residence information and member information.
- A QR code label is printed according to the scale required for construction.
- Requests for appropriate collection are issued from a smartphone or the like according to the waste conditions at the new construction site.
- Collection trucks are dispatched as needed while linked to a map application on the cloud. They are also closely linked to the property information database.
- Label information is read and the weight is registered.
- Various analytical data such as an analysis of the amount of waste from each model is fed back to the business offices, development departments, factories, etc. Close cooperation among departments contributes to effective environmental initiatives.